Thursday, September 13, 2012

So how's married life??

 
So everyone we meet says... "So... How's married life?"
Magical... usually my response...
So how is it?
Here is a peek into married life @ 2950
I am adapting to being called Mrs. Roland, Mrs. Vaughan-Roland (legally and paperwork name) and Miss. Vaughan and numerous variations there of including HEY! During the kick off to year 7 of my teaching career!


Being a farm kid and even though neither Nate and I are on the farm working full time,,, I stillam a farm wife through and through!
Farm wives are thrifty, turn chores into a job, and buy stock in the Ball Mason Jar company!

 I took the opportunity to can EVERYTHING I could get my hands on. The pressure cooker was a wedding gift and I've taken full advantage of it! Like all newlyweds we are not by any means rich so this will be a great stockpile for winter. THere is also plenty of veggies in the freezer, 1/4 of a steer and a pig coming soon!

 I've started stalking Pintrest for lots of great ideas, and for around $50 I've started an awesome kitchen make over that made even my sister think that I got new cabinets put in... WIN!~

 Oh and yes.. there is still that damn laundry!
 

But... for a little over $2.00 I was able to make 5 gallons of homeade laundry soap that I am in LOVE with! And boy does it do a great job cleaning the grungy farm clothes of my now handsome farmer like husband!


Settling in to our new back to school schedule, a fine balancing, tight rope walking, roller coaster that includes us working  full time jobs, a house with a big ol' yard, pigs to feed, cows to feed, a 2nd Master's Degree in progress, case managing 18 special education students, tutoring 4 hours a week, being dutiful Grandchildren on birth and of choice, and occasionally finding time for hygine and sleep.
Shew,,, when I look at it like that boy I'm exhausted!
TIll next time...
We are Rollin Down the Road of Roland and the answer to the question... Married life is by far our greatest adventure yet!

Much Love,
Mrs. Vaughan..... Roland.... Vaughan-Roland... HEY HEY....

No comments:

Post a Comment