Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Let's Get Growing! 80 Days!

Well... if you are just joining us because you got your invitation and want to stalk accordingly... WELCOME! This weekend it was time to get some seeds started for the big day! Yeah.. anyone can just go to a florist and order flowers but how Un-Vaughan would that be? Those green Zinnias stunning! Kimberly selected all of the flowers from her mountain of seed catalogues and keep surprising me with the beautiful selections she has made.
Kinda cool to think that these little tiny seeds will be growing into something beautiful that I'll get to hold in my hand again on one of the biggest days of my life! Seeds are one of those things that always amaze me... maybe lame, but it's that farm girl in me... Plant something no bigger than the head of a pin and it becomes food, something beautiful, or a field crop that supports your family. Now that is amazing!
Lucky for me, Aunt Emily just moved to the neighborhood. With her came her greenhouse... Which my cousin Will and adopted cousin Andy got up just this week. Lucky us & her :).
Alex shared this method where you plant directly into the bag of potting soil and then transplant the whole pile of dirt to the field. Adapted from an Amish version since we are not marrying our cousins and we shave from time to time...
This gives us a head start since here in Maryland seeds really are not safe until May 15... So we are trying to show Momma Nature she can't push us around.
There is nothing in this world that feels as good as being dirty with my sisters!
Mission accomplished!
Glad you stopped by, and stay tune for more adventures on our Road to Roland.
I try to update once a week so "Y'all come back now ya hear!"
Love & Mud,
AMY

No comments:

Post a Comment