Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Odio a Max! That's Spanish for I hate Max!

So you probably thought you would stalk me today to find out about this week's cupcake idea... Well this weeks idea came to Kelly in a dream. It was a Chocolate Cupcake with my Grandma Vaughan's famous Bittersweet Chocolate Sauce in the Middle. The icing was inspired by the fact that Grandpa Vaughan always put the Chocolate Sauce on Butter Pecan Ice Cream. So the icing was a Butter Pecan. So I bet your thinking " I'm so sad... I wish I could have tried those!" Well.. get over it! No one got to try them.. Why you ask... Because Nate's dog ( he's clearly not mine when he does bad things) Max got up on the table and ate them all...
In other news...
Nate and I both agree that there is nothing more in this world that we love more than our kooky families! In all there are 13 Birthdays in the month of March. Including my mom and dad, his mom and dad, and my sister Kimberly. Shown here in her Sombrero party hat... Years ago rather than try to have all the March Birthdays the Vaughan's started The Great March Birthday.
It's a Depression Style Birthday... There is only one LARGE Cake ( 5+ boxes of cake mix to make), and food and festivities! This year we had tacos and a Fiesta theme. The youngest of our March babies is 2, the oldest 87!
So even if the dog eats half the things you made for a party, what really matters is who you travel down this road with! There will be bumps in our road, but in the end you look back and smile! It's always an adventure sometimes with a detour or two on our Road to Roland...
Until Next Time!
<3
AMY
PS- Max is going to Puppy Prison for the Wedding ;-)

1 comment: