Friday, January 13, 2017

All's Fair....

I spent my formative years (8 to 18) as a livestock exhibitor. If it had legs and could go to a fair... I probably took or helped someone take it at some point!


I never imagined these years later I'd look back on those days and realize just how much they prepared me for adulthood.

A fair is a yearly event. Some folks you only see once a year, but you build friendships that pick right up where they left off. Because of this skill I have a beautiful frienship with my lifelong friend RLHC who lives states away, but when we finally share a space for at least one glorious day a year our friendship is exactly where we left it.

Sleep at fairs comes in bursts. 3 hours here... 20 minutes there. As a momma now this skill to power nap anywhere  like no other helps on days like today when there has been NO rest since 2:45 we are on the virus battlefield and I'm at the helm of the last stronghold!

Then there is the night watch. You sleep with one eye open and one ear listening. You're the one in charge of seeing nothing is soiled, set free, stolen, and if needed you give the scolding to those pre teens doing teen "stuff"...

Throughout our home are tiny trinkets and reminders of some of my greatest fair victories and memories... like my farm queen crown and my trophy from Mac..  still undoubtedly the 2nd greatest milk cow that ever lived with Anna Mae and Goldie tied for 1st.

So for tonight I've got the night watch with 2 sick babies and the Homestead Engineer down for the count.



Oh and this old thing... look still fits ♡

Yours royally in love &light
Harford County Farm Queen....

AVR

No comments:

Post a Comment