Monday, January 2, 2017

One Word...

Each new year brings ways we reflect on our lives and what we choose to do to move forward. For many it's a resolution or a list of resolutions. But for me a resolution tends to not be  stronger than devouring a batch of chocolate chip cookies in mid February that convinces me to bag the whole idea and shoot for next year.

So when RKR was born we began to choose a word. One word. A word that would be our focus for our pursuits that year. My 2015 and 2016 word was simplicity. I found I needed to let go of stuff (read shit,clutter, baggage) we moved furniture, friendships, and our family forward.

In 2016 I found a love of yoga. It helps my mind, my body, and my soul and I found I thrive on the temporary stillness. At the start of each yoga practice they ask that you set your intention.

So this inspired my 2017 word
This year will be about thoughtful choices. About refining my skill sets and being purposeful about my action and sometimes inaction. Yep I want to make inaction a thing this year!
I don't want to live a reactive life, but one where I'll hopefully embrace the "measure twice cut once" ideals of life.

We've each selected a word. For RKR her word was play. She said she wanted to play more this year. So I'll be cognizant of setting up more playdates this year, and bagging some to dos some Saturdays for a playground trip or 10!
RKR wanted LBR to learn this year. So I charged her with teaching her sister things. So far we've begun to master climbing on chairs, tables, and the sliding board so we're on our way!

The Homestead Engineer chose the word patience. He is a patient fella, but he said he recognizes he is less patient with strangers and outsiders than he'd like.
We display our words above the dining room table to help remind us and so we can discuss our progress throughout the year. They are crooked I see, but being intentional allows me to embrace what is.

Now that you know my word I hope you'll aid in my intentions to be intentional in 2017 ♡

In love, and light...
♡AVR ♡

No comments:

Post a Comment