Sunday, January 22, 2017

I'm not listening...


I'm not listening... Can't hear you... lalala! 
Let me preface this by saying I don't do politics. I believe what I believe and it is rarely voiced past the gravel lane of 2950!

This week has been a taxing one to my soul... professionally, personally, nationally I feel bruised by ugly words and ugly actions of people who simply know better! Facebook and Instagram brought out a lotta ugly, I refused to watch anything but cooking show re-runs on PBS... and gave up on NPR except for re-runs of A Prarie Home Companion( ( because I have a crush on Chris Thile the dreamy mandolin toting host!!! ))

 Yesterday I realized I needed to have a straight up 3 year old fingers in my ears I'm not listening anymore...
 adult tantrum... party of 1!

I started the day with 100 degree yoga and as my beautiful yogi sister in law says "I had some stuff to get out!" Total this weekend I've spent about 2 hours on my mat... 
 Then my body completely crashed. I devoured  fresh guacamole,
took 2 naps, an epsom salt bath and was in bed by 9.
I'm not listening... I can't hear you! La la la!
I drank an entire cup of hot coffee in my greenhouse and even hosted an old fair friend in the greenhouse for an hour today... nope still not listening.

And then when it was dark I dug 100 pages deep into a new book and generated a page for my book club... what??? Sorry, I still can't hear you!

Dearest world I'm sorry I can't 
hang with the drama... I'm not sure I'm ready to take my fingers out of my ears yet, but I'll have to to hear the alarm clock tomorrow....


But LBR and I both know beautiful days are to come... seed catalogs  come addresses to me! These people believe I can make this beauty happen here!!!I always feel like seed catalogs are the ultimate reminder that gray days will end, keep planning, keep reaching, there is beautiful things coming, but you'll have to sweat and be dirty to see it!

Yours in love, light, and adulting.
♡AVR

No comments:

Post a Comment